Zenpundit has tagged me to play the “8 random facts” game.
“Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged”
Now for the random facts regarding me:
8. One of the greatest moments of my life was the day I brought Starship Troopers home from the library, and sat in the backyard of my parents’ house and read the whole thing in one sitting. It was the summer between sixth and seventh grade, an otherwise utterly miserable time.
7. My favorite male singer is Merle Haggard.
6. My favorite female singer is Lisa Marr.
5. My favorite dish at Valois Restaurant in Hyde Park, 53rd and Lake Park, is the short ribs, available only on Saturday. A side of cole slaw is good with it. There are too few places to get short ribs these days. My mother made them very well.
4. I met Rod Blagojevich when he was running for state senator, a long time ago, and had a chance to see him in action up close, and I was surprised to realize he was a person of obviously subnormal intelligence. If you told me he’d be governor some day I would have burst out laughing.
3. I have noticed as I get older that the proportion of women in the population who look pretty to me is increasing. At this rate, sometime around age 70 all it will take is being an adult human female, probably. No one told me this would happen and I find it odd, but there it is.
2. Back when I was in a rock band, we played at Jimmy’s, Club Dreamerz, Batteries not Included, Phyllis’s Musical Inn, the Czar Bar, and a bunch of other places. We never made it to Metro. The best place of all to play was Weeds. There was something magic about that place.
1. I own well over a thousand books I have not read yet. Maybe two thousand. As my financial means increases (it has ups and downs, but the trend has been generally upward until recently) the time available to read has declined in a major way. This depresses me.
I tag the first eight people who respond in the comments field. That is probably cheating, but what the Hell.