The arrest of Imran Awan sets off a potential firestorm.
Who is this guy ?
For years, Imran Awan had access to the secret data and correspondence of many House committees, including foreign affairs. What did he do with it? As I said, that’s the worst case scenario (I guess).
He refers to a possible link to the Pakistani ISI. The ISI has a very controversial history. Some of it concerns the Afghanistan Taliban.
In documents leaked in April 2011 on the Wikileaks website, US authorities described the ISI as a “terrorist” organisation on a par with al-Qaeda and the Taliban.
In the same month the US military’s top officer, Adm Mike Mullen, also accused the ISI of having links with the Taliban.
He said it had a “long-standing relationship” with a militant group run by Afghan insurgent Jalaluddin Haqqani, which targets US troops in Afghanistan.
What is the relationship between Awan and the Democrats in Congress ? Why did Debbie Wasserman Schultz keep paying his salary until he was arrested trying to flee the country ?
Imran Awan was arrested at Dulles Airport on a bank fraud charge, and was found to have smashed hard drives in his possession.
“It’s about everything that the Democrats and the media spent months… trying to prove [with] the Russia investigation,” he said.
Steyn said Awan’s story involved a powerful political figure trying to interfere in a federal investigation.
“We have actual criminal elements,” he said. “Everything they’ve been looking for is… staring them in the face with this mysterious guy.”
Why did Schultz threaten the capitol police chief with “consequences” if her hard drive possessed by Awan was not returned to her ?
DWS: It’s a simple yes or no answer. If a member loses equipment and it is found by your staff and identified as that member’s equipment and the member is not associated with any case, it is supposed to be returned. Yes or no.
Chief Verderosa: It depends on the circumstances.
DWS: I don’t understand how that is possible. Members’ equipment is members’ equipment. My understanding is the the Capitol Police is not able to confiscate members’ equipment when the member is not under investigation. It is their equipment and it is supposed to be returned.
Chief Verderosa: I think there are extenuating circumstances in this case, and working through my counsel and the necessary personnel, if that in fact is the case, and with the permission of through the investigation, then we’ll return the equipment. But until that happens we can’t return the equipment.
DWS: I think you’re violating the rules when you conduct your business that way and you should expect that there will be consequences.
Here are some thoughts about this:
1. Why did Debbie Wasserman Schultz keep this man in her employ right up until he was arrested Tuesday night when he has been under suspicion for months. Does he have something on her or other people?
2. Why did Nancy Pelosi lie when she said she never heard of Awan? Email revealed by Wikileaks says Awan had access to Pelosi’s iPad. (Wiklileaks has never been shown to be inaccurate.)
3. What is on the smashed hard drives Awan is trying to retrieve from the FBI? (Oh, those Democrats and their hard drives.)
4. Why is Awan suddenly being legally represented at the highest level by Clinton ultra-loyalist Chris Gowan — a fact-checker for Bill Clinton’s memoir of all things? (They are already using the same right-wing conspiracy baloney they used in the Lewinski case.) Does this make sense if Awan’s just a low-life fraudster? Why not let him dangle?
5. Just what is the relationship, if any, between the Awan case and the unsolved Seth Rich murder? Is it entirely an accident that Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s brother Steven is accused of blocking the investigation? Denials from Debbie aren’t worth much anymore.
6. Where did the Wikileaks come from anyway? Was it really Russia?
And more questions.
Key among the findings of the independent forensic investigations is the conclusion that the DNC data was copied onto a storage device at a speed that far exceeds an Internet capability for a remote hack. Of equal importance, the forensics show that the copying and doctoring were performed on the East coast of the U.S. Thus far, mainstream media have ignored the findings of these independent studies [see here and here].
Independent analyst Skip Folden, a retired IBM Program Manager for Information Technology US, who examined the recent forensic findings, is a co-author of this Memorandum. He has drafted a more detailed technical report titled “Cyber-Forensic Investigation of ‘Russian Hack’ and Missing Intelligence Community Disclaimers,” and sent it to the offices of the Special Counsel and the Attorney General. VIPS member William Binney, a former Technical Director at the National Security Agency, and other senior NSA “alumni” in VIPS attest to the professionalism of the independent forensic findings.
The recent forensic studies fill in a critical gap. Why the FBI neglected to perform any independent forensics on the original “Guccifer 2.0” material remains a mystery – as does the lack of any sign that the “hand-picked analysts” from the FBI, CIA, and NSA, who wrote the “Intelligence Community Assessment” dated January 6, 2017, gave any attention to forensics.
The data was copied, probably onto a thumb drive on July 5. The Russian “fingerprints” were added.
July 5, 2016: In the early evening, Eastern Daylight Time, someone working in the EDT time zone with a computer directly connected to the DNC server or DNC Local Area Network, copied 1,976 MegaBytes of data in 87 seconds onto an external storage device. That speed is many times faster than what is physically possible with a hack.
There was an inside leak to WikiLeaks before Julian Assange announced on June 12, 2016, that he had DNC documents and planned to publish them (which he did on July 22) – the presumed objective being to expose strong DNC bias toward the Clinton candidacy.
Seth Rich, who was murdered on July 10, may have been the one who copied the data first and gave it to Assange. The July 5 copy may have been done by Awan and provided to “Crowdstrike” the DNC contractor with the fake Russian link.
The Pakistani link, whether or not the ISI is involved, needs to be investigated urgently.
10 thoughts on “What’s going on with the DNC and the Pakistanis ?”
Michael, with no hostile intention, and not expecting you to bring this up at all with your FBI agent daughter, looking at it pragmatically leads to certain conclusions.
1) The FBI has long claimed to be the epitome of professional law enforcement, the standard against which everybody else is compared.
2) That claim notwithstanding, anyone who has been keeping track of matters they [the FBI] have been involved in, especially those of us in the law enforcement field, have noted the many, many occasions when they leave the canine walking painfully bowlegged. Whether it involves hookers, leaving sensitive information on computers in the hands of international criminal cartels, losing control of various issued service weapons, and also the use of issued weapons by FBI personnel against civilians in ways that for any other person would result in felony prosecution and conviction; I know that in my 28 years as a Peace Officer the assumption that the FBI was crooked, incompetent, and primarily politically motivated was a given. Under J. Edger Hoover, the norm was to protect their own power through the illegal and unconstitutional spying on anyone in the country and the use of that information for blackmail was and is still widely accepted as true in the business. After Hoover, they became more and more tied to the Democrat party and its interests, maintaining the same methods under different bosses.
In any criminal matter that involves the Democrat party or any of its interest groups, either it is covered up or minimized. One can make the reasonable claim that the FBI, like all Federal Law Enforcement and Intelligence, works for the Democrat Party and not the country or the Constitution.
3) The FBI has made quite clear in the last couple of years that the difference between foreign espionage and “no criminal intent” is the involvement of a prominent Democrat. No more, no less. If there is Democrat involvement, there will be no investigation or prosecution.
4) The Democrat Party has allied itself with or at very least employed the Churchilian “favorable reference to the Devil in the House of Commons” to every foreign enemy of the United States. Pakistan, while allowing its territory to be used for logistics purposes by our forces during the war on terror, is an Islamic dictatorship allied with both Al Quada and ISIS. It was no accident that Osama Bin Laden was finally found and killed in his base compound in Bilal Town, Abbottabad, Pakistan a decade after 9/11. It is noteworthy that the Democrat Party has been staunchly in opposition to every American act against Islamic terrorism.
5) The employment of hostile foreign nationals with functionally unlimited access to all non-military secrets in Congress and the allowing the revelation of such to unauthorized entities is espionage and or treason. It was done and deliberately enabled, prima facie by the highest levels of the Democrat Party in Congress.
6) In reference to 5) see 3). Of course no Federal Law Enforcement or Intelligence organization performed the computer forensics or followed their legal and constitutional duty. Because to them, their duty is to the Democrat Party and the duty and mission of the Democrat Party is to assist the enemies of the US.
7) Parallel to that, the mission of the GOPe is to protect the Democrat Party from opposition.
8) The rot has been spreading for decades, career generations. Right now, the loyalties of the upper management of the FBI is clearly to the Democrat Party. The middle management is almost surely compromised. And one has to have a base level assumption that the line level is just as politicized.
I have talked before about the dangers of a lack of a rule of law. We are seeing them become manifest.
Y’all may want to take a step back away, because I am probably listed as an Enemy of the State and People. враг народа, “vrag naroda“
The fact that we were all supposed to pretend to ignore the implications of where OBL was living is one of the most remarkable facts of recent times.
I don’t know what to make of this story at all. The potential implications are even more astonishing.
The FBI murdered the Chechen fellow who was a witness to the lives of the (alleged) Boston Bombers. God along knows what they were covering up but it seems to have worked.
Re:, some of Subotai’s comments:
A knife-wielding man reportedly screamed “Allahu Akbar” during a wild attack inside a Hamburg supermarket that killed at least one person and left four others bloodied and wounded on Friday…Officials wrote on Twitter that “the motive and the number of injured persons” were not yet known, but did confirm that “one person died.”
Motive not known. Probably just a toothache.
I don’t see any link between the awans and seth rich. The muslims are being protected at the highest level, Rich was killed for leaking by a sanctioned hit. Seth may have been intending to expose what he knew but I can’t see a thread that connects them otherwise.
I have suspected for a long time that obama and clintons muslim advisors used their positions to insert foreign agents into positions of usefulness, either with or without their principles knowledge. The awans were spies and they were put there intentionally.
The connection between the Rich murder and the Awans was my suspicion that DWS must have a powerful motive to protect him this adamantly. She places herself in serious danger and why would she ? Maybe she is implicated somehow. She was the DNC chair and might have been involved or at least aware,
The FBI lower level agents may well be clean but the old rule of “never trust anyone above O 6” applies there too.
I have suspected that Comey was facing a revolt by agents when he made his famous announcement last summer.
The FBI has been recruiting police and military veterans for years. I think they would be less likely to join the Administrative State.
Oh, if Aswan were tied into Pak intelligence services, and Little Debbie and her friends facilitated the whole Aswan clan in having access to all kinds of secret material … curiouser and curiouser. If the Rich murder was a hit by a foreign power …
And all the while, the major establishment news organizations are screaming about Trump-Russia collusion, while furiously ignoring what a commenter at Insty has just termed ‘Wassergate’; the Dem party leadership handing over high-level classified material to foreign powers, many of whom are most decidedly not our friends.
@Sarge: You are too correct. That fully 40% of the voting public tossed their hat for Hillary is proof that almost half the country is no longer a friend of “America” the land of the free and home of the brave. This is the greatest untold scientific discovery in the history of mankind. How 40% of a population received lobotomies without being touched by a surgical procedure. And the MSM are the chief dispensers of this treatment and on-going medication is dispensed by the education system. Sad. Very sad. Used to be that people could take action on enemies and hang the son’s a bitches. But not nowadays. No. We have to be “civilized” even as they go for our throats.
I think that 40% is made up of pro-abortion single issue voters. I am pro-choice up to 20 weeks.
The second group is public employee union members,
Third are welfare recipients of various type.
The Medicaid expansion in Obamacare was genius as it roped in some Republican governors like Kasich and even Brewer of Arizona who is now boasting about her conservative principles.
Comments are closed.